Relocation to Exchange Tower
QBE Insurance is one of the world’s top 20 insurance and reinsurance companies located in 37 countries. Its name originates or stands for ‘Query By Example’ which is a feature included in various database applications that provides a user-friendly method of running database queries. The business is over 130 years old and has a significant presence in the UK. The Head office at Plantation Place, Fenchurch Street has been under pressure from a headcount expansion phase which along with a lease termination at an additional building in Leadenhall Street meant alternative expansion space was sought.
The 4th Floor at Exchange Tower, South Quay (31,000sq ft) near Canary Wharf was identified to fulfil the expansion requirements and business units that predominantly were identified to move were Information Services. The business units required a creative, teambuilding environment and were required to be far removed from a typical insurance office where flexible meeting areas, video connectivity and shared space were going to be key to a successful relocation.
PSG Global were responsible for the complete Project Management and Cost Consultancy of the relocation.
PSG Global was given the following specifications;
- A creative, teambuilding environment
- Flexible meeting areas
- Video connectivity
- Shared space
- Not a typical insurance office
- Developing the Project Brief and Employers’ Requirements Documentation
- Selecting suitable Contractors to pitch for the project
- Liaising with The Landlord on numerous issues in a multi tenanted building
- Detailed work on Contractor Insurance
- Evaluating Contractor tenders and pricing
- Selecting with QBE the chosen Contractor
- JCT Contract Advice
- On Site Project Management during the 15 weeks of Construction
- Financial Approvals and Reporting
- Project Close Out and Snagging
The dust is finally settling at Exchange Tower. I am pleased to say we have had an extremely successful opening this week, with great feedback from the staff who have moved across to the new office. I am not sure this would have been possible a few months back without your input, which pulled the project back on track. It is very much appreciated.
Head of Corporate Real Estate Services